Wednesday, July 27, 2011

BIKE RIDE


(a picture of trusting and relying on GOD based on riding a Bike with Jesus Christ)

At first I see God as my observer, my judge keeping track of the things I did wrong so as to know whether I married in heaven or in hell when I die.

He was out there sort of like a President. I recognized His picture when I saw it but I really didnt know him.

but later on, when I met Christ. it seems as though that LIFE is rather like a BIKE RIDE and then I noticed Christ was in the back helping me PEDAL..

I dont know just when it was that HE suggested that we change places but Life has never been the same since.

When I had control, I knew the way.. it was rather boring but predictable.. it was the shortest distance between two points.

But when he took the LEAD, HE KNEW delightful long journeys...up mountains and through rocky places.. and break next speeds, it was all that I could do was to hang on..

eventough it looks madness, He said.. PEDAL.. and I worried and was anxious, and I asked, " where are you taking me?"... he laughed and didnt answer.. then I started to learn to TRUST.

I forgot my boring life and ended with His adventure and when I say Im scared, HE leaned back and He touched my hand.

I did not trust him at first in control of my life.. But He knows about BIKEs.. He knows when to make it bend around the sharp corner.. knows to jump clear.. clear to high rocks.. fly in short scary passages.. and I am learning to shut up and PEDAL in the strangest places..

I am beginning to enjoy the view and cool breeze on my face in my delightful constant companion, Jesus Christ.

and when Im sure I cannot take it anymore, He just smiles and says, PEDAL..


(Are you still in control of the Bike? Are you still in front side? Have you made that switch? Are you relying on Him or yourself?)


by

Tom HOLLADAY
Pastor, Saddleback Church

No comments:

Post a Comment