Wednesday, January 5, 2011

the COMMITMENT of fasting


After sharing with you the FAITH GOALS of this coming week's prayer and fasting. The following shall be committed for the LORD:

1. OVER SLEEP - I always wake up 8 or 9 am. Yes. I am a bit lazy and thinking my husband goes to work at 5 am, I am still lying in bed at that time. So I would like to dedicate this week for a 5:30AM DAWN WATCH PRAYER (England Time). Starting Sunday I will wake up as soon as my husband start to prepare for work then have a coffee while praying and reading the BIBLE for hours.

2. 7:00 am - 7:00 pm - 12 HOUR no any solid food intake. Water as in just water. This is a real fast which I have never tried. I used to diet but not in a way that there is no biscuit to intake in 12 hour.

3. 7:00 pm til next day fasting - then i can eat slowly in a small cup so I will get ready for another day fasting.

4. NO TELEVISION, NO FACEBOOK, NO TWITTER AND NO MOBILE PHONE except Rob, Isis and Zig, my boss, would call me. This will be done from the time I wake up until 7pm.

5. BIBLE, BOOK READING of WHISPER of BILL HYBELS, and BILL HYBEL's DVD. Personal notes and blogs will be used to share the teachings and thoughts.

6. CHARACTER DEVOTIONS. I would like to have a full list of things I have done in 2010 and yet I still want to improve on 2011. I learned from PAUL that the FRUIT OF SPIRIT is love, gentleness, forgiveness and all so I would like to go deeper into that area where I want to experience the commitment of Christlikeness. The idea of fasting about this is that for example a certain issue arises while fasting, I need to compose myself into a situation in which I will address it in full focus on the Fruit of SPIRIT and not on the issue.

From January 9 to January 16, this will be my commitment to the LORD and fasting from the things I love in exchange of PRAYERS and DEVOTIONS to JESUS.

LORD, this is going to be very difficult also because me and rob are set to celebrate our 1st year wedding anniversary in PARIS so from January 14 to 16, I will follow everything except the timings of reading the BIBLE n all will be a little bit extended. But FOOD n other devotions will be done as promised.

I am really excited. Or maybe I feel I can do it, but at the back of my mind, this is going to be really HARRRRDDD... but I know GOD is on my side. He truly knows the desire of my heart.. He knows I am trying to have a FAITH GOAL that I am seriously working into. I also know that JESUS MEANS SERIOUS BUSINESS.. so HE KNOWS I AM SERIOUSLY WORKING ON THIS TO ATTAIN A CERTAIN GOAL NOT ONLY FOR MYSELF BUT FOR HIS GLORY AND OUR CLOSER RELATIONSHIP WILL NEVER BE THE SAME..

ALL PRAISES TO JESUS who never fails to encourage and invite us.. Thank you Lord.. I AM 100% IN LOVE WITH YOU AND MY COMMITMENT WILL PREVAIL.. BECAUSE NOT ONLY I BELIEVE N YOU BUT ALSO I WANT TO BE WITH YOU ALL THE TIME.. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment