Wednesday, January 5, 2011

FAITH GOAL of Prayer and Fasting


This month, I will dedicate a particular week, January 9 to January 16, 2010, in connivance with CCF (my church in the PHilippines), for a Prayer and Fasting Devotion. This is going to be my first time to a full DAY of prayer and fasting from food. I have done fasting from facebook, television cravings, but never devoted a fasting from food.

Today, January 5, I am already trying to lower down my food intake so my body will be prepared for a food fasting on Sunday.

I would like to share with you the personal reasons for this special event in my life:

Firstly, it's all about my desire of being more of more of Christ. As Ive shared with you, 2010 has been an amazing journey for me. Not only I got married to a loving man, But also God has been constantly doing fellowship with me through the Bible and I have been truly a devoted Born-Again Christian (whch will turn one year on April 8, 2011). And so, I want to start the year by devoting a specific goal to be nurtured and filled-up by the Holy Spirit so it shall guide my spiritual journey for the year 2011. It is a very crucial point for me that I am always equipt and ready for any hindrance that may get in the way of my devotions and commitment with the Lord. Not only because I love him but also I am totally focus on the mission He has shown me.

Hebrews 12:1, “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.”

To entagle and build up my perseverance of the race I am going to go through 2011, I would like to be ready by doing a week-fasting and make a devoted promise to the Lord. Be reminded that God loves us truly when we have the initiative to invite him more becasue he always do the invitation for us.. not that he is tired from us, but I want to pleased him more and more because as a Child of God, I just want to please my Father and give him that is truly what He deserves.

Secondly, this is for a personal goal of asking GOD for a gift of a Child. I have given my full confidence in the Lord Jesus on this desire and always tell him, 'YOUR WILL BE DONE'. Even I will include this quest for my fasting, I know GOD has a perfect plan for me on this. I just would like to specifically ask GOD to comfort me on this issue as I know I can be impatient and think that this is going to depend on my own strength. But I would like to request GOD to keep on reminding me that this is HIS CREATION that I would like to request into. HIS GIFT OF LOVE to my marriage that He will bless us with one of His CREATION.. it is going to be a deep privilege of faith, if this is granted because as I now stand as a faith discipler of God, I will become more responsible and mission to share the gospel not only to just anybody but to a CHILD that is given to me. Imagine the thought of having to fully share GOD's love and grace to your own child, until you see him/her growing in faith.. that must have been the most awesome thing to see.. a true miracle which I cannot even ignore.. but Let GOD be my control that I might be weaken if I will not be granted so I would like to ask GOD for wisdom, courage and patient heart and that it is HIS WIll not mine..

Proverbs 3: My son, preserve sound judgment and discernment, do not let them out of your sight; they will be life for you, an ornament to grace your neck.Then you will go on your way in safety, and your foot will not stumble;when you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared.


thirdly, it is for the salvation testimony of my immediate family. My mother, father, stepfather and sisters and brothers (if I see them next year). Though ROB, my husband seems to have been putting a lot of effort in knowing the LORD, may he truly see God's grace and love this year. I am going to fast for this because I want to be ready just in case the LORD will lead me or use me to be the one to speak to them about the word of GOD. I have been praying for GOD to use my own life and this is the reason why I have been perservering with the help of the Holy Spirit to transform my life so I can be a good testimony of GOD's grace and love. Therefore, as I continue to surrender my life and submit to HIS WILL with regards to the continuing struggle of my family to learn the TRUTH and follow the TRUTH about the LOrd, may it be granted for the benefit of my family's own sake.. it is not for my sake but the love I have for my family is also immeasurable as well so I will fast so they will be soon touched by Holy Spirit. May not be me but definitely the Holy Spirit touch their heart and mind for the LORD is alive and real.. Our eyes must not be focus on what the world can give but what the LORD can provide beyond the realities of worldliness.

Fourth, OTHER FAMILY'S AND FRIEND'S prayers. I would like to share the love of GOD to my other family members, friends who became a family of mine, Family of Rob, colleagues, acquaintances and the people around the world who are in need of GOD's love. I pray for this constantly every night as I know in my heart that I have already put my confidence in the Lord on whatever things may come -- be it a blessing or a difficulty. But what about the people who does not knw the Truth -- it must have been really difficult when they experience struggles and burdens without thinking the LORD CAN REALLY PROVIDE AND HELP THEM.. The problem with other people who doesnt rely or depend on the Lord, when they are blessed, they do not think that the Lord has given it to them, but when they are in difficulty, they blamed the Lord for punshing them.. Oh.. havent they know even the universal law says, you sow what you reap.. so I will fast for people who are in the verge of having difficulty in their lives yet they think GOD is too busy to help them..

Fifth, Financials and HEALTH provisions. I have been experiencing back pains immensely as time goes by. Financials are not really that too important for me but I would like this for GOD to provide so that we can help other people, the church and keep our tithes monthly. God has provided has so much that it does not bother me anymore if I actually need more than I have but really GOD HAS opened my eyes to more than i can see. Even at work, I rely and depend on His love for me.. I used to be lazy thinking I need to work, but nowadays, I learned that WORK is a GIFT OF GOD.. It is a provision that you must also take responsibility and if problems arise at work, it is not because it is not what GOD wants you to have, but it is an issue that you must put GOD on. Ask GOD to help us on whatever problems may arise at work so he will always bless us with the FRUIT of the SPIRIT.. love and gentleness in our work attitude and helping us to work not to benefit the owner of the company but to WORK FOR THE GLORY OF GOD.. I want to fast on Financials (relations to job provisions) and Health so that we may continue to work on the GLORY OF THE LORD.


Lastly, for our CHURCH. I have 2 church now which I truly love and committed to. CCF in Manila and Cambray Baptist Church in England. The two churches has been providing me the word of the LORD and continue to bless me and ROB. I will fast for the 2 churches so it may continue to touch our lives and nourish our faith through constant activities and events to serve the LORD. May GOD also speak to me on what ministries, aside from the ministries I do now, HE still wants me to focus into. My schedule of the days, weeks, months are always open for the LORD.. so I will fast too to whatever leadings he wants me to serve HIm.

Lord, I pray for the right motive to pray and fast and this is all because I want to be closer to you than ever. This is for your glory who continue to use my life so that You will be made known to people. This is my mission that I know you want me to accomplish until the day we will meet again. As I learn to know more about you, May you speak to me on this week through the Bible passages and other leadings and this shall be kept and written on my heart. I want to serve you and I submit my life in view of this.. Loving you with all my heart and my mind is the most important responsibility of my life and because of this, I KEEP YOUR WORD in my heart and wrapped it around my neck as a promise to obey and respect. Thank you Jesus for the invitations and encouragement to be always with you.. Until then, I will see you and down on my knees I will praise and worship you, my Saviour and Redeemer..

I pray in the Most Precious Name, Jesus, AMEN..

No comments:

Post a Comment