Monday, September 20, 2010

JESUS' rebuttals to SIN.. (part 1)


LUKE 4: 1 -13

I could still remember i've read this during my school days where in my teacher have asked us to read it and has given us some question as our homework, about the time JESUS was TEMPTED by SATAN.

It was never the same since I've contemplated and read this again last Saturday, September 18, 2010... and i would like to share to you why and how I believe this will start to transform me even more..

3 IMPECCABLE ANSWERS OF JESUS that has instilled in my mind and has made a powerful thought...

1. verse 4: Jesus answered, " PEOPLE DO NOT LIVE ON BREAD ALONE".

Satan on this verse, has tempted JESUS to turn the stone into bread..

and that answer has struck me about the worldly desires even up to now I am having.. The enemy is always in the look out for any sign of weaknesses for us to get involved on it, until he can trap us.. So any senseless pleasure of one's self, motivated by worldly sins and would not be suitable for my spiritual warfare, THEN its a NO NO... Unless it is a personal blessing from GOD then I would accept of course, but the VERSE HAS TAUGHT ME TO DEPEND ON GOD'S WILL AND DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO WORLDLY DESIRE.. and i believe that a simple worldly desire could manage to grow inside you.. or a simple sin like lying could manage to lead into ANGER, HATRED, RESENTMENT and all that is harmful to your BODY AND SPIRIT.. THOSE--- ARE THE WORKS OF PURE EVIL..

The BREAD there, I believe, has been used by Satan because Jesus at that time was FASTING. Therefore the BREAD would stand for any PHYSICAL NEED or PLEASURE.. or any material things that leads to pride, boasting, vanity, selfishness among other sinful things to connote in the HUMAN side of me..


As what Madonna's most favorite song title would imply, "cause we are living in a material world," AND ANYWHERE YOU PUT UR MIND INTO IS JUST TEMPTING..


JESUS has been described as PRAYERFUL that even HE is the SON OF GOD, He continues to ask GUIDANCE from GOD. So, PRAYERS, as it did wonders to me, is my BRIDGE to communicate with GOD's guidance on the RIGHT "GODLY" CHOICES i need to make in my life, especially in my marriage. Let me be able to say to SATAN that his TEMPTATIONS ARE NOT THE IMPORTANT THINGS in my LIFE.. JESUS' hand on my decisions will play a vital role on this part.


Jesus has warned us to be strong and take courage, because the ENEMY of life who will continue to tempt us (like a thief of the night) with our weaknesses and will trap us in a DARK HOLE until we cannot even able to scream for help.


Jesus said: "The thief comes to steal, to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

Ecclesiastes 11:10 Therefore remove sorrow from thy heart, and put away evil from thy flesh: for childhood and youth are vanity.


Matthew 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

1 John 2:16 ESV
For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world.



2. VERSE 8: Jesus answered, "It is written: " Worship the Lord your GOD and serve him only."


In here, Satan has promised Jesus that if He will worship Satan instead of GOD, he will give him authority and splendor.

WORSHIP has become a way of life for me when I discovered my relationship with GOD. It is something that I encourage because I understand that it is in the state of worship that GOD comes closer and His spirit reigns in that state. Through prayers, listening to gospel songs, having my quiet time, reading the Bible and fellowship in the church, these are the service I am committed to honor OUR HEAVENLY FATHER. and what Satan would do is to TEMPT me or make me busy so I will not have time to worship him.

I am a very creative person. I was blessed to have been able to love art. I can paint, draw, act, dance, and all those sorts, that's why I got addicted to TELEVISION AND MOVIES. This is where the authority of SATAN came in my life when i have become addicted to it. It is okay to watch the telly but it shouldnt take your time from reading the BIBLE at some point. Before I became a CHRISTIAN; television, movies, playstation, and the likes are my passion. I can stay at home all day doing this and probably in the verge of being a coach potatoe someday. PRAISE GOD, I learned to value my life as a Christian and the Holy Spirit encouraged me to step in into the world of GOD instead of Satan.

It's been my 2nd week of fasting from TELEVISION. I have committed myself to worship GOD in the morning (right after I wake up and when ROB is not around) I read the BIBLE, inspirational books, write on my blog or twitting christian folks, listening to gospel songs and talk about GOD... gladly, by GOD's grace, since then, i never want to stop encouraging myself to WORSHIP GOD.. Once ROB comes back home, then I will watch the telly with him.


Satan will use a lot of his time to stand and watch us. Sneak in our mind until he gets the chance to know what would make us SIN and not worship GOD. Ive just read this that "if satan will not make us sin, he will make us BUSY".

I know when JESUS was tempted by this, GOD has made JESUS stronger through fasting. Because it is through fasting when you sacrifice the things you want and need in order to GLORIFY GOD. Or in return of the things you want (material) and need (survival), you pray and WORSHIP GOD.. I love doing fasting because I get the chance to be closer to GOD and understand HIS will..


Exodus 34:14Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.


Romans 12:1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.



John 4:23Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.





3. verse 12: Jesus answered: " DO not put the LORD your GOD to the test."


The final temptation was to ask Jesus to throw himself from the highest point of the temple which according to Satan, GOD will protect Jesus through the angels who would catch him.

In a material world like we have now, you need to be committed to things you may want to achieved, making us BUSY instead of taking time to focus on the most important aspect of life. This phase has taught us to become very IMPATIENT in a lot of ways.

WORLD has become accessible via the world wide web... COMMUNICATIONS are more modern that mobile phones keeps on upgrading time and time again... People become impatient when 5 minutes of their time became IDLE.. IMPATIENT.. ANGER.. THEN FRUSTRATIONS..


I am guilty of being IMPATIENT at times.. Even impatient to the answers from GOD.. If not from the guidance of the Holy Spirit, I would not be where I am right now doing this blog.. I would probably concentrate on trying to find a JOB that will make use of my IDLE TIME...

But Praise GOD, I started to PATIENTLY WAIT for GOD's answers... I started to understand the meaning of HIS WILL and not my will.. I started to realized the essence of HIS POWER and not my power... and the most important of all realization on this verse... I started to OBEY GOD'S will even more than I used to...


OBEDIENCE is more than a SACRIFICE.. Even the things you wouldn't want to do, you must OBEY.. sacrifice the things YOU THINK would best suit you, however when you are humble enough that you are not the creator of your life, then you sacrifice your own will to GOD's AMAZING PLAN...


Heb 11:6 "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." NIV

Deuteronomy 6:16 (New International Version)
16 Do not test the LORD your God as you did at Massah.



No comments:

Post a Comment