Thursday, September 30, 2010

a praying WARRIOR in me


Jesus said, 'I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt... you can say to this mountain, "Go,throw yourself into the sea," and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.' (Matthew 21:21-22)

Everything, or all you can see and touch comes from GOD.. and what do you think about the one's you cannot feel and see...?? It also comes from GOD but in here, it is called sincere FAITH..

I strongly believe that our prayers will be answered by GOD. Our prayers are more than wishes, hopes, or feeble aspirations - but only if we pray with believing, faith-filled hearts. That is the kind of prayer that moves mountains.

I started to study the POWER OF PRAYERS by focusing on my 3 objectives:

1. to strengthen my faith in JESUS and his ways.


because it is only THROUGH JESUS that my FAITH yields. the FAITH that has transformed my life upside down and did wonders to my being. I could now understand the meaning of Jesus who lived on earth to show how it is his gracious love for us that he has sacrificed his life and died on the CROSS so that the assurance of FORGIVENESS shall be given to us in order to live an everlasting life with HIM..

I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith int he Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20

For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man John 5:26,27

And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth...." Matthew Matthew 28:18

Just like the Apostle Paul who has written in Galatians his desire to know more about JESUS so he will be equipped and capable to understand GOD's message on him.. At that time, when GOD called PAUL to spread the word of GOD, who is in fact a persecutor of CHRISTIANS, has not witness all the miracles of JESUS and his crucifixion on the cross. He has written in Galatians that he even went to ARABIA then jerusalem to meet up PETER and ended up meeting James instead, brother of Jesus, in order for him to learn more about JESUS. Not that he doesnt have faith, but he needs to understand the meaning of all GOD's calling so his faith will become even stronger.

This is an indication why me, as a young christian, would seek the TRUTH and learn it the way GOD wanted me to understand a FATHER. the BIBLE has given me so much thoughts that I am always eager to know, by GOD's grace, slowly Jesus has revealed himself to me.


2. to understand where the leading of the HOLY SPIRIT or to interpret GOD's leading or answers with my prayer.

As we know prayer is our means of communicating with GOD, this is a form of worship for me and the atmosphere will invite GOD's presence.. Just like you would like to speak physically to a normal person, you would like to invite his presence so you could have a great conversation with that person.

Of course, the most motivating factor in praying is ANSWERED PRAYERS. What drives me to my knees, and makes me want to pray more? its definitely ANSWERED PRAYERS. But then how do we know if this is an ANSWERED prayer.. what about the answers that are not directly answered like when you asked for a HOUSE and yet you know it was answered? If you are a christian probably you will understand the last statement. It is because as a christian, we are baptized by the HOLY SPIRIT.. and the HOLY SPIRIT leads us to GOD's glory which nobody can understand... (even the Pharisees as Jesus said in LUKE 7 couldnt understand his ways because they were not baptized by JOHN the baptist with the holy spirit)


the HOLY SPIRIT LEADING. The book of Pastor Bill also mentioned why is it important to be interested in the HOly Spirit's leadings in our lives? First, our eternal destiny is determinedy by how we respons to the leadings from GOD.

3. to understand unanswered prayers and the possible hindrances why GOD has not answered.

I borrowed this outline from the book of Pastor Bill once more coz I believe this is a good approach to understand your prayer request.. not prayer but our prayer request.

IF THE REQUEST IS WRONG, GOD SAYS ' NO'
IF THE TIMING IS WRONG, GOD SAYS ' SLOW DOWN'
IF YOU ARE WRONG, GOT SAYS, ' GROW'
BUT IF THE REQUEST IS RIGHT, THE TIMING IS RIGHT, AND YOU ARE RIGHT, GOD SAYS, ' GO!'

If I pray that GOD will give me a HOUSE in manila and yet, until this moment, I couldnt feel anything possibility of having that request granted. It

No comments:

Post a Comment