Tuesday, September 21, 2010

PRAY LIKE A MATURED CHILD


Prayer for me is a form of worship where I can pour my heart out to GOD with anything at the top of my mind.. Listed below the manner I used to pray and you might have done something similar:

* I used to pray LIKE A CHILD who havent started yet but i want to finish my prayer.. it was always very short.
* Prayer goes from one topic to another, which means my thoughts were disorganized.
* I used to pray before I sleep, or should I SAY, I used to pray when Im so nearly asleep, and yes, most of the time, I fell asleep while praying.
* I always forgot to pray
* I just thank GOD and pray for a loved ones I remember at that time..
* I dont call on to JESUS..

Until GOD slowly transformed me into where I am right now, and by HIS grace, I get the chance to read this book of Pastor BILL, "TOO BUSY NOT TO PRAY, Slowing down to be with GOD" which I've borrowed from a friend, and actually she's a pastoral assistant in our church, named NAOMI.

I've felt that the HOLY SPIRIT has started to ask me to learn the PROPER WAY OF PRAYING. But please do not get me wrong.. saying HELLO LORD and your thoughts to let Him guide you, maybe a form of PRAYER for you.. However as my walk with Jesus gets to be more intimate, I would want to speak to HIM better in a manner that I can get closer with HIM.. its my own choice on that bits..

When somebody was just introduced to you and he happens to be a very interesting person, you would want to know more about him through a better conversation with HIM right? Ask questions which are appropriate for you to get closer to that person. Until he reciprocates and would want you to get closer to HIM too.. and what if this somebody happens to be GOD.. would you want to say NO.. so I chose YES and HE reciprocated His DESIRE to know me too.. and it is through PRAYER that I get to invite HIM with an atmosphere that claim His presence.

SO this is what I've learned from the BOOK which might be helpful with your journey with the LORD or PERHAPS you already know about this, then I supposed you have truly made a great relationship with GOD.. it must have been an amazing life for you to be able to communicate with our LORD?!

Developing prayer fitness is like developing physical fitness: we need a pattern to avoid becoming imbalanced. Without a routine, we will probably fall into the 'PLEASE GOD' trap: 'Please GOD arrange this', 'Please GOD protect.' If I sound sarcatic, its because I know all about imbalanced prayer - Im a real pro in that department. And I can tell you from personal expereince where imbalanced prayer leads. Sensing the carelessness and one-sidedness of prayers, we begin to feel guilty about praying. Guilt leads to faintheartedness, and that in turn leads to prayerlessness.. When praying makes us feel guilty, we soon stop praying.

If that has happened to you, its high time to set up a prayer routine. It has been used for many years in Christian circles. Its balanced, and its easy to use. All you have to remember is the word ACTS, whose four letters stand for adoration, confession, thanksgiving, and supplication.

PATTER of PRAYER:

1. ADORATION. Adoration sets the tone for the entire prayer. It reminds us whom we are addressing, whose presence we have entered, whose attention we have gained. How often our problems and trials and needs seem so pressing that we reduce prayer to a wish list! But when we commit ourselves to beginning all our prayers with adoration, we have to slow down and focus our attenton ON GOD.

Adoration purifies the one who is praying. When we have spent a few minutes praise GOD for who he s, our spirit is softened and our agenda changes. Those burning issues we were dying to bring to GOD's attention may seem less crucial. Our sense of desperation subsides as we focus on God's greatness, and we can truly say, 'I am enjoying you, God; it is well with my soul.' Adoration purges our spirit and prepares us to listen to GOD.

And GOD is worthy of adoration. 1John 3:1 How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of GOD.

How to adore GOD... What better way than to list his attributes? Sometimes I think of every attribute I can. Other times I focus on one I have been especially aware of in recent days. When facing major decisions, I may concentrate on his guidance. When suffering from a felling of inadequacy or guilt, I may praise him for his mercy. When in need, I may worship him for his providence or power.

2. CONFESSION: naming our faults.

I've prayed well enough to praise him and guide me through my issues in life but never I have confessed my sins directly to him. I am guilty of sinning everyday and yet I neglect this part.

Confession is probably the most neglected area in personal prayer today. We often her people pray publicly, 'Lord, forgive us all our sins.' A lot of us carry that approach into our private prayer. We throw all our sins on to a pile without so much as looking at them, and we say,'GOD, please cover the whole dirty heap.'

I determined that in my prayers, I would deal with sin specifically. I would say, 'I told so and so I didnt when in fact, I did.' Or instead of admitting I had been less than the best wife I would say, 'Today I wilfully determined to be self-centered, uncaring and insensitive. Im not going to understand him tonight because I have my feelings too and I dont care anymore if I am going to hurt him or not.. @

As well as you are specific on your WISH LIST.. be specific on your SIN LIST.. so you will also learn from it and may not do it again.. But of course, the prayer teaches us that the GOOD news JESUS died for your sins can give you an assurance of forgiveness from JESUS but pray that you will be free from sinning.. What is the benefit of confession?

First, your conscience will be cleansed. 'i finally said it,' and you will think, 'im finally getting honest with GOD. Im not playing games any mro and it feels good.' Next, you will be flooded with relief that GOD has a forgiving nature. You will begin to learn the meaning of peace.

Also you will be free to PRAY that with the power of the HOLY SPIRIT, you can make a commitment to give up the sin and to live for GOD.. And that's when your life begins to show signs of change.

When you're totally honest with you sins, then some radical changes in your life will happen. As God goes to work on your sins, you begin to see Paul's words being fulfilled in your life; 'If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!' (2 CORINTHIANS 5:17)

3. THANKSGIVING: Expressing Gratitude

I thank GOD every day for four kinds of blessings: answered prayers, spiritual blessings, relational blessings and material blessings. Amost everything in my life fits into one of those categories. By the time I've gone through each category, I'm ready to go back to adoration for all GOD has done to me.

Luke 17:11-19, the story of ten men whom Jesus healed from leprosy. ONLY ONE MAN comes back to JESUS and thank HIM.. the others went to do it their way.

4. SUPPLICATION: Asking for HELP

The part where most of us would like to jump into.. the REQUEST.. Philippians 4:6 says, 'in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to GOD.' If you have adored him, confessed your sins and thanked him for all his good gifts, you're ready to tell him what you need.

Again, SPECIFIC request are important. Nothing is too big for GOD to handle or too small for him to be interested in. Still, I sometimes wonder if my requests are legitimate. So Im honest with GOD. I say,'Lord, I dont know if I have the right to ask for this. Idont know how I should pray about it. but I lift it to you, and if you tell me how to pray, I'll pray your way.'

GOD honours that kind of prayer, James say, 'If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask GOD, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him' JAMES 1:5.

Break up your request into whatever categories suit your purposes, and then keep a list of what you've prayed about. After about three weeks, go back and reread your list. Find out what GOD has already done. In many cases, you will be amazed.

From this book, I learned how to ask GOD about supplication. When I am so geared up to ask GOD to bless me with a child, after reading this book, I can now pray, 'Lord, I pray you guide us for the preparation of your gift of a child.. Prepare our thoughts and heart for a wonderful gift from you that will also show how my husband and i love one another.. however If the time isnt right yet, if Im not ready to receive it yet, no problem. Your ways are higher than my ways, and your thoughts than my thoughts. If you have different plan, we'll go your way. Teach us to understand your way.'


When I pray, I'm not just telling GOD my problems. I'm turning my biggest concerns over to him. Once I've put them in his capable hands, I can go about my day in strength, free from crushing concerns.

WELL DONE! Let us experiment iwth the ACTS routine. Adapt the categories to fit your situation, but be sure to include each category each time you pray. Experience the blessings of balance.

AND SEE WHAT GOD DOES IN YOUR LIFE..




NOW I AM STILL PRAYING LIKE A CHILD BECAUSE I PRAY TO OUR FATHER.. A FATHER WHO NEVER BLAMES AND TAKES YOUR REQUEST FOR GRANTED.. I WILL ALWAYS BE A CHILD OF GOD.

NOW I CAN SAY IM PRAYING LIKE A MATURED CHILD.. READY TO SPEAK, READY TO LISTEN, READY TO LOVE, READY TO SURRENDER BUT ALWAYS ALWAYS CRY OUT TO MY FATHER AND ASK FOR HIS TENDER HUG..

BECAUSE I'M STILL A CHILD WHO WILL ALWAYS NEED A FATHER WHO UNCONDTIONAL LOVES.. A FATHER WHO HOLDS MY HAND TO GUIDE ME ON MY JOURNEY.

TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment